Our philosophy in the pre preparatoryphase is “Free to be me”.
Pre-School is a preparation for life itself. It is possibly the most important phase of all, as it lays the foundation for a child’s whole future. It is the period when a child is able to learn more than at any other time
The aim of pre school education is to create a playing and learning environment which provides inspiring activities and opportunities for children to develop holistically.
There are three different components of development for all ages of children:
- Social/Emotional development – involves the development of social skills, feelings and emotions.
- Cognitive development: development of the mind and thinking skills.
- Physical development: development of the body and motor skills.
All these components of development are equally important and are thoughtfully integrated in pre school education.
We have three pre preparatory classes:
- The Zebra class (Grade 000).
- The Giraffe class (Grade 00)
- The Kudu class (Grade R)
There is never a dull moment in the Pre Preparatory. During the course of the week, the three classes all participate in Library, Baking, Baker day, Music and basic ball skills which equips them for any further sport they participate in. The Grade Rs also do swimming and computers.
We have many fun days: Mess day, Parent Activity day, Fun day, Mother’s, Father’s and Grandparent’s day, concerts and the Nativity Play.